Friday, January 17, 2014

JANUARY 17th!

Two years ago today, Pete and I had to stand and watch our home and 41 years of our lives  go up in smoke, as we lost everything in the fire.  I remember feeling so helpless and wondering what we would do to start to rebuild our lives. 

Yes, we lost all our posessions and personal things like pictures, scrapbooks and special things that were Jennifer's and my parents.  We lost our two precious dogs....we had thought they had gotten out of the house, but had run to hide in the bedroom closet.  You can eventually replace material things and you learn to be grateful for the memories of the things you cannot replace. 

I have always believed that every hard struggle makes you come out a little bit stronger....this has proven to be true with my three battles with cancer.  The fire has certainly strenghtened my faith in people and the love of God.  I could never express the outpouring of love and support from friends, family and many strangers after the fire.  We even received our home from a wonderful family that had seen our story on the news....what an awesome family and angels from God.  We had many people that came and worked for weeks, helping us clean up after the fire and get moved in to start to rebuild our lives.....it was amazing.  We were given clothing, furniture and all the household items we needed.  It still amazes me the outpouring of love....increases my desire to serve God and help people everyday.  I am so blessed that this horrible experience left me with new friendships.... friends that were there for me when I lost Pete last year.  God's love is so awesome....there really are angels among us and I will always stand by....God is good and He is good ALL the time!!  I don't know why things happen in life, but I do know that God is always in control and He has the plan for each of us.  He is always there with us, and for that, I could not be more grateful!

No comments: